Monday, August 31, 2009

Progress!

Today was my final weigh-in for August, and it brought great news! I lost 2.75 pounds last week! Woo! Here are my final figures for the whole month:

Weight: lost 11.5 pounds
Waist: lost 2 inches
Chest: lost 1.5 inches
Hips: lost 1.75 inches
Arm: lost .25 inches
Thighs: lost .75 inches
Calves: lost .75 inches

Total inches lost in August: 7

Such great news! Overall I've lost 20.5 pounds, which puts me a quarter of the way to my goal! Woo!

Can you tell I'm happy this morning?

Now, to make a plan for the next month. From here on out, I'm going to weigh-in on Saturdays. I'm going to have one cheat day a month, which will happen every fourth Sunday (except for special occasions, which will be additional). I'll measure myself once a month as well, either every fourth Saturday or on the last day of the month, I haven't decided.

Those details may change as I get into and through the month of September, and figure out what works and doesn't work for me. Above all, I want to keep the weight and inches coming off, so that I can reach my goal by next spring, hopefully. So adjustments may be made, but for now, that's the plan.

Oh, and September has an extra cheat day - the opening day of football season, which I think is two weeks away. J and I always have special treats for that day, then he watches the game, and I play the Sims. :)

Then of course, November will have an extra cheat day for Thanksgiving, December will have one for Christmas, but that should be it for the extra days, I think.

Okay, I'm rambling now. But yay, great weight and measurement news! I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Can't wait to see you.

    And hooray for "cheat days"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete