Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Peril of "Cheat Days"

I think I need to drastically rethink the idea of "cheat days." A cheat day, of course, is the one day per month that I'm allowing myself to eat whatever I want, without recording my calories in sparkpeople. There's only one problem with this concept - I seem incapable of stepping away from the bad food.

Seriously. In one day, I do NOT need to eat some of each of the following: Goldfish, Hint of Lime Tostitos, a giant Hershey's bar, a sampler of Whitman's chocolates (four pieces), brown sugar and cinnamon Pop-Tarts, a couple small handfuls of Pringles, homemade macaroni and cheese and mozzarella sticks. That's what I did yesterday, though.

What the heck? A "cheat day" is all well and good, but there needs to be a limit! Seriously, have a little bit extra of a few things, not that many.

So here is my vow for my next cheat day, which is September 13th, I believe. I will have ONE OR TWO extra snacks, plus not worry about whatever I eat for meals. AND THAT IS ALL. I will NOT use the term "cheat day" as an excuse to eat everything under the sun.

And if I go back on that promise to myself, then cheat days will just go away altogether.

And I think the Flavor Blasted Xtra Cheddar Goldfish have already had their death warrant signed. Once I open those things, I just can't stop eating them, and no one needs to eat a whole bag of those things in one sitting. They just don't. I don't. Good-bye, Flavor Blasted Goldfish. I loved you, but you're just no good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment