Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Fresh Start

I started watching what I eat and actively trying to lose weight in late March - almost April, it was so late. So, I've been doing this for a while. I had been going slow, but progress was being made - I was down 16 pounds!

And then July came. Heh. And with it came my birthday week, vacation, lots of eating out, and not one, but TWO birthday cakes. And all of that led to a total loss of control, and in three short weeks I gained SEVEN pounds. Yes, I am a champion weight gainer. Losing isn't so easy, but gaining is a breeze!

So even though I've been working on this weight loss thing on and off for four months already, it feels like I'm starting it now, with fresh effort. Which I guess I am.

And so far so good! I've stayed in the upper end of my calorie limit, but I've been under 1550 calories each day. I did a ton of cleaning on Saturday, working so hard I wore myself OUT, so there's some physical activity. I'll exercise two more nights this week, and call it good.

And just like I figured, the hardest part of this, for me, is going to be avoiding the scale. I wanted to weigh myself so badly this morning! But I didn't.

I can't wait for August 31st, though, so I can find out how much I've lost in 30 days of being good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment