Monday, August 24, 2009

Progress Report

Today was weigh-in day, woo! Today I weighed 1.5 pounds less than last week. This is a good thing! So why do I feel disappointed? I'm so tough on myself when it comes to weight loss. I want to lose two pounds a week, not 1.5. And that's a sucky attitude to have, because as long as I'm losing, it's all good.

So I need to quit it and be happy. Really. I'm one and a half pounds closer to goal, woo! Okay, that's better.

So this was a good week, but it could have been better. I said last week that I wanted to get my calories down to 1350-1450, but I still managed to get awfully close to 1550 most of the week. But this week I'm hoping to turn that around. The dining location I go to during the school year opens today, so I'll be able to go down there for lunch, and have healthier options (turkey sandwiches, salads). Which means I'll be able to eat less calories and fat for lunch than I have been, so it should be easier to stick to the range I want to hit this week. I'll tell you how I do next week.

This weekend I started walking, too. Friday was registration day for the incoming college students, so I was working on the other end of campus, and ended up walking the length of the campus a couple of times. A year ago, this would have killed me. This year I felt good doing it. Woo! So on Saturday, I decided that maybe I'll start walking for exercise, while the weather is still nice enough to do so.

Walking! Should be fun. But I didn't want to do it alone - not when I have four dogs living with me. So I looked at the dogs. Rosie would drive me crazy trying to sniff every square inch of road we walked down. Bernie has a bum elbow, that I'd really rather not make worse. Duff has a tumor growing in his chest, pushing on his lungs, so he's out. That left Willow. Willow, my scaredy cat dog, who is afraid of everything, and was apparently so horribly abused in her former life (before I adopted her as an adult from the SPCA) that she thinks bad things are right around every corner. She's afraid of having the leash on her neck, but you know what? We'll try it anyway, I thought.

So I tried to get her outside by herself. She wasn't having any of it. She slipped her collar when I tried to pull her out. So I got the leash and put it on her - and then had to DRAG her out the front door by the leash. Wow.

Once we got out there, though, she did better. She was really fearful and nervous for a short while, but by the time we got to my neighbor's house, she was doing much better, and she ended up having a lot of fun. And so did I! We walked up to the top of the first hill, then we turned around and came home. It was a short walk, but it was exercise, and it felt good.

Well, it felt good until the next day, when my calves started hurting. They're still hurting now, two days later, but that's okay. It's a good kind of pain, and it'll go away.

So. Exercise - started. Willow liked it, I liked it, and as soon as my calves stop being so painful, we'll go again. Weight - a bit more lost. It was a good week, all in all.

Here are my calories for the last week.

Monday: 1526
Tuesday: 1535
Wednesday: 1533
Thursday: 1526
Friday: 1498
Saturday: 1411
Sunday: 1360

See? Too many days hovering between 1525 and 1550. I need to have days like yesterday all week this week.

Okay, enough early morning rambling from me. One more week down! One week from today is my final weigh-in for my 30 day challenge, and I'll also measure next week to see how my body has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment