I weighed in this morning, and I'm down 1 1/2 pounds from last week! Woo! I'm very happy with this. I'd like to lose 2 pounds per week, but really, as long as a bit of weight comes off each week, it's a good thing, right?
I have a couple of goals for this week. First, I'd like to get my calories consumed between 1350 and 1450 per day. I like being just a touch under the upper end of my range, if possible, and I've been at the high end more than not so far this month.
Second, I'd like to cut back on my fat consumption just a touch. I've had that number at the upper range more often than not this month, too, mostly because I'm eating lunch at work, never knowing in advance what they're serving, and they don't often have a low fat option that I like. But that's okay - it just means I can't eat a lot of fat the rest of the day. So I need to work on adjusting that better.
Third, I'd like to raise my fiber intake. Sparkpeople says I should be aiming for between 25 and 35 grams per day, and so far this month I've been lucky to hit 15. So I got my Fiber One bars when we got groceries this week, and I'll start eating one each night to help out with that.
I guess that's it - my three goals for this upcoming week.
Also, I feel like I should confess to the fact that I haven't been exercising much at all. It's bad, but it's been so hot lately that I just can't bring myself to come home to a hot house and work up a sweat working out. Blah. So I'm giving myself a little time off from worrying about that. For now I'm working on getting my diet back where it should be and making that a habit - I'll work the exercise back in once I can move without immediately being covered in a film of sweat.
Okay, so here are last week's calories consumed:
Monday, 8/10: 1546
Tuesday, 8/11: 1540
Wednesday, 8/12: 1520
Thursday, 8/13: 1484
Friday, 8/14: 1397
Saturday, 8/15: 1490
Sunday, 8/16: 1382
I can see that I started to get my calories closer to my preferred 1350-1450 range at the end of last week. I'm shooting for in or close to that range all of this week.
Okay, one more week down! I can't wait to report on next week. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can't seem to limit my calories. So more power to you. I need to. My goal is to lose weight but I'm waiting for the miracle that still allows you to eat what you want and not have to exercises like crazy.
ReplyDeleteWeeeeeeeee! Congrats!
ReplyDelete