I was supposed to have my cyst removed this Friday, but the doctor is going to be out of the office that day, so I had to reschedule. Now I'll be waiting until March 5th - only two more weeks, so that's fine.
Although I was kind of looking forward to getting it over with. :)
So, day one of behaving went really well! I stayed to the food I had scheduled for the day, and I rode the exercise bike for 15 minutes. The bike was harder than it has been, because Jim adjusted the tension on it - is that the right word? Anyway, he made it harder. I never touch the knob (it's Jim's bike, I don't want to mess up his settings), but apparently it was on like zero resistance, so he upped it. I did turn it back down a bit (he's in much better shape than I am), but I kept more on it than I've been feeling, and that 15 minutes seemed like it would never end! And when I was done, I was feeling out of breath and tired, which really, I should feel after a workout. So I was pleased with myself.
Today is day two! I have my food all planned for the day, for the most part. Dinner is a question mark, because Jim said he might get us Subway for dinner. If he doesn't, I'll have my last piece of leftover lasagna, so either way, I'll be happy. And I'll have enough calories left for either, so it won't matter which way we go.
I'm not looking forward to that bike tonight, though! :) I am, however, looking forward to watching the last night of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show! I love dog shows. The working dogs are my favorite, and their group is tonight. Woo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Kudos on the bike ride - I'll be rooting for you!
ReplyDeleteAnd just think one day down, 13 to go - before you know it you'll be looking forward to getting on those scales.
Think dresses and jeans (me) - it's like looking forward to Spring!
Thanks Sally!
ReplyDeleteYup, one down, 13 to go! :) Actually, instead of dresses, though, I think I'm looking forward to shorts more! I haven't worn shorts since 1994, I think, maybe 1995. Too long! Suffering through summer in jeans is NOT fun! :D
Hee! I'll suffer as long as I can get into them! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job! Exercise is hard at first but hopefully it will just become a habit if it isn't too painful and you get some sort of reward out of it!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love wearing shorts and part of my going back to weight watchers is because I want to be able to fit back in them come spring--had a nasty shock one year when I couldn't get any of them on!
I used to love shorts, but I gain weight in my lower body first, so when my logs got bigger, I stopped wearing them. I can't wait to wear them again! Hopefully before the end of summer, I will be. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks! I know that sticking with the exercise will make it easier. It's so hard in the beginning, though!