Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Crampy!

It's been a crampy, pain filled week around here. I've been bloated and popping Advil and feeling like a half drowned cow.

Lovely, yes?

But the cramps are going away, the pain is receding, and I no longer feel like I'm carrying a gallon of water around in my belly fat. So, things are looking up.

Isn't it fun being a woman sometimes? :D

I stepped on the scale this morning, with it set at last week's Friday Weigh-In weight. It laughed at me and said I needed to think again, because I may have felt like I had gotten back to normal, but in reality I was still holding onto a lot of water. Or else I ate too many fries last night.

Yes, I had fries. The restaurant I do marketing for at work called and offered me food in exchange for delivering their updated menu to them. They asked if they could bribe me with food, and I said you can ALWAYS bribe me with food. And I took my chicken tenders (barbecue flavor) and fries, handed them their menus, and drooled all the way home.

In all fairness, though, I only ate two of the tenders - the rest are in the fridge for tonight's dinner. I did eat all of the fries, though. And I don't regret it - they were delicious. :)

We'll see if the scale is still laughing at me on Friday, though. Oy.

Do you ever wish you could just stop having to think about food? Do you ever wish you could just eat when you were hungry, giving your body what it was craving, without worrying about calories, carbs or fat grams? Do you ever wish you could go back to the way it was when you were a little kid, and food was something to enjoy but not something to obsess over?

Or is that just me?

5 comments:

  1. OMG YES! I wish I wish I wish! Unfortunately, I've always been obsessed with food-it just wasn't until I was a teenager that I figured out that was a BAD thing!

    Glad you are feeling better. I can't resist fries either....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Especially FREE fries. :D

    And yeah, I guess I was obsessed about food as a teenager, too, but it was in the other way - as in, I hardly ate anything if I was with other people, and I was pretty much with other people all day long. Still unhealthy, but probably pretty normal for a teenaged girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blasted food! Why do fries, chocolate, pizza and every other diet no-nos always have to taste so good?

    You've still got time to show that scale who's boss! And if it laughs at you again, kick its butt to the curve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely! I'm boss, not that scale. :) Now if the period water weight will just leave, I'll be fine. :P

    ReplyDelete