Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Baby Steps

Last night Jim rode the exercise bike while I was on the phone with my phone company, checking on our Internet service, which has been out since Sunday night. And when he got off, I GOT ON! I only did 10 minutes, but I told myself that was the minimum I could do, and that's what I did. But still, I did it, so woo!

Can you tell I hate exercise? I seriously have to force myself to just do 10 minutes. Hee. Oh well.

Also, since our Internet has been out, I've been estimating my calories in the evenings (I usually keep track online with sparkpeople). Last night I actually ended up eating 100 or so calories less than I usually do, and I didn't really miss it! Odd, but true. I was really hungry when I got up this morning, though.

Hopefully our Internet will be back on this afternoon (if we don't need a new modem, which I'm almost thinking we do), and if so, I'll be able to keep track again. And I'll also sit down and try to do 15 minutes on the bike tonight.

Baby steps, people - it's how all changes begin, don't you think? :)

6 comments:

  1. Don't overdue the exercise. I strive for the every other day approach to exercise: Tuesday, work out. Wednesday, day off. Thursday, work out, etc. That way I don't get burned out.

    You can also do things that don't really feel like a workout. Like shoveling the driveway or sidewalk, building a snowman or walking the dogs. I love exercise that doesn't feel like exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. My word verification was "losesses", which looks a lot like "loses". I thought I should pass it along. I think it is a good omen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh believe me, there's no overdoing here when it comes to exercise. Quite the opposite, actually! :D I like the idea of exercise that doesn't feel like exercise, though. Maybe I'll do that snowman thing someday!

    And I love the word verification. Ha! That's too perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good job! Do it in manageable chunks where it's not a big deal to add in to your day. I agree, if you can find something FUN, more power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding my two cents - put on a TV show you really like and you'll get caught up in it, then the time will just fly!

    You go girl!

    Dresses and jeans for us this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Melissa! Yes, small chunks! I should have done 10 minutes this morning - I was up and ready early enough. Oh well, tomorrow maybe I'll do that, if I'm up early enough again.

    And Sally - yes! Jeans for you, dress for me, it'll be great! 2010 is our year!

    (And I was watching The Office while I was riding. :)

    ReplyDelete