Monday, January 3, 2011

A Fresh Start

Today is the day! Jim and I got our starting weights, and we're starting to eat healthier and less as of today.

Boy did we have fun during our holiday vacation, though. Ha! So much junk food passed through my lips that I actually started getting sick of sugar yesterday, and started wanting some "real" food - something more substantial and healthy. That didn't stop me from eating all the junk I could scarf down, though. :)

But today I'm back on track. I've got my food figured out for the day, and even though I had my afternoon snack an hour and a half ago, I'm already hungry for dinner. It'll take a while for my body to adjust to eating less, though, so that's fine. After work I'm going to the gym and using the elliptical for half an hour, plus cool down. I'm being active in Spark People again, entering my food to make sure my calories don't climb too high, and I'll be entering my exercise there, too. I also set up my beginning weight and I'll record my weight loss there every week. I do need to get my measurements, though. I also joined a group on SP that will do 30 minutes of cardio five days a week (which I was planning on doing anyway) plus a 10 minute strength video, which is created by their site.

So I'm doing well so far, and I've got all the support and tools I need to make it happen - plus the motivation of my wedding, which is creeping ever closer! Eight months will go so quickly!

Oh, and here is where I get embarrassed and admit my starting weight for this, my latest (and hopefully final) attempt to finally drop this weight. I stepped on the scale this morning, and weighed 227.5.

I don't think the junk food binges were worth it, really. :)

Anyway, here I am, chronicling this again for 2011. Here's to a slimmer me by my wedding!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your plan!!!! You (both!) can do it! 8 months...it will FLY by and you will be so happy you did it. Keep that in mind--keep your eye on the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! I did great today, so if I can just repeat this day until I reach my goal weight, I'll be all set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be! Aggressive! B-E Aggressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! LOL I always sing that to myself whenever anyone on TV says the word aggressive (usually when Jim is watching football).

    ReplyDelete