I had a very good first week! There were ups and downs, there were challenges, their were failures, their were triumphs. I guess every week will have all of those things, but for this week, at least, there was more good than bad.
Some challenges I faced this week:
*A day and a half at a conference, where food was provided for us (not being able to plan ahead)
*Temptations in the form of cookies, dessert, high fat chips, high calorie bagels
*The gym being closed one day - not being able to go another day because of the conference
*Trying to be good on Sunday, when it felt so wrong! We've always cheated on weekends, so it was very hard to not overeat. Having a weigh-in looming over me for the next morning helped, though.
Things I did wrong:
*Not working out at home on either Wednesday (when the gym was closed) or Thursday (when I was at the conference all day, but home by 6:00)
*Stopping to buy a chocolate frosted doughnut from Dunkin for breakfast on the way to the conference
*Eating dessert with my lunch on Thursday at the conference
*Eating a chocolate chip cookie as a snack on Thursday at the conference
*Overeating on Thursday by eating those two things above, and then eating some junk they had in our "goodie" bag that we got when we registered
*Gobbling a bag of Lay's potato chips and two chocolate chip cookies when leaving the conference on Friday, because I was STARVING (I'm used to eating lunch at 11:30 - we left the conference and got lunches to go at about 12:45)
Things I did well:
*Working out Monday, Tuesday and Friday at the gym, doing about 2/3 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD on Saturday (so hard - she kicked my ASS in just 2/3 of the workout, and I was hobbling around the rest of that day AND all of Sunday)
*Deciding on Friday to push myself in my work out. I was at my usual 136-141 heart rate, and decided to see how hard I had to work to get it to the upper portion of my target heart zone. I pushed and got it to 149-153, and kept it there for the last 13 minutes of my time on the elliptical, woo!
*Eating half a sandwich and a lower calorie chip choice for lunch on Thursday (mostly because I knew I was having chocolate cake for dessert, but still)
*Choosing to take some strawberries for a snack at the conference Friday morning, instead of the blue and orange frosted half-moon cookie (done in SU colors)
*Keeping to my calorie limit six out of the seven days, woo!
*Not overindulging this weekend at all, even though they've always been "cheat days" for me in the past.
So, a lot of good things this week! And here's the best thing. I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down 4.25 pounds, woo! I now weigh 223.25. Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! I say the good outweighs the bad, the scale doesn't lie! (Okay, sometimes it does but this time it didn't.)
ReplyDeleteLOL - the verify word thingy
... was "cotstain"
ReplyDeleteHa! Funny word verification. :) And thanks Sarah!
ReplyDeleteOooh! You did great! 4.25lbs is wonderful! Keep up the good work. yep, a Monday weigh in can keep you on the straight and narrow over the weekend. I had a Monday WI a few summers ago when I lost 20 lbs and oh boy was it tough but worth it!
ReplyDeleteI always hated Monday weigh ins for that reason - I liked being bad on the weekends! But I've proven to myself over the last couple of years that I can't be good just three or four days of the week, and expect good results. This is definitely harder, but better!
ReplyDeleteWoo-Hoo! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThanks Deals!
ReplyDelete