So, I didn't do the best last week. Of the seven days, I only really counted my calories and made a point of staying in my range on two of them. It was a hard week! I don't know why, but it was.
Part of the problem was Jim working nights three days in a row. I don't know why, but being alone at home at night makes me want to eat to fill the emptiness. Obviously food isn't really going to replace Jim when he's not there, but it's what I want to do, and something I obviously need to keep working on. He was gone three nights, I was only good one of those nights. I need to work on making it all three, eventually.
I did have some good points to the week. We went to Applebee's for lunch on Saturday, to use a gift card Jim had gotten for Christmas. I looked at the menu online before we went,and saw that the sliders I like to get were over 1200 calories. Whoa! So I decided I should get the sirloin steak and baked potato, which would be a much more reasonable 690 (not a huge difference, but more manageable). When we were there, I almost caved and got the sliders, but I got the steak instead, and when I counted up my calories for the day, even though I thought I hadn't done well at all the rest of the day, I was only over my calories by about 100! So that was good.
Anyway, it was a tough week, and I never stepped on the scale during the week at all, so I was a little afraid when I got on this morning. But the news was good! I weighed 222 exactly this morning, meaning I lose 1.25 pounds! And in a week when I thought I did really badly, so I was happy.
Two weeks in, and 5.5 pounds have been lost! Woo!
And yes, I'm planning on doing better this week! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice going despite the difficult week!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! :)
ReplyDelete