Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Doing Well So Far!

The first two days have gone so well! I have kept my calories between 1300 and 1350 both days, and I've scheduled my food to do the same today. I went to the gym both nights and did half an hour on the elliptical. I feel really good about my start.

Of course, the one thing I haven't been very good at is staying off the scale. I had told myself that I needed to stay off the scale during the week, so I don't drive myself crazy when my weight fluctuates, as it does. But of course I got on it yesterday and today. :) When I do well at exercising and eating less, I feel like I NEED to know if it made a difference. Hee.

It did make a difference, too - so far I'm down two and a half pounds, woo! (Mostly water weight, I'm sure, but still - it looks nice on the scale.)

I'm very much taking this as a one day at a time journey, too. If I focus too much on how much I have to lose, and on how long it will take, I get overwhelmed and fail. But looking at it a day at a time makes it much more manageable. So first thing in the morning I plan my food for the day. Today we're having meatloaf for dinner, which is a higher calorie meal, so I planned my day around a larger than usual dinner. Then it was pretty easy to divide the rest of my food up for the remainder of the day.

Anyway, so far so good! I am really excited for our first week weigh-in. (And I'm going to try to stay off that scale tomorrow morning!)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Keep it up! 247 days! Uh, wait, that might have been de-moralizing...but I hope not!

    ReplyDelete