I worked out after work yesterday, then went home and relaxed for the rest of the night. I was in bed with the light off by 10:15, and asleep shortly after. And yet 6:00 this morning felt SO EARLY. Seriously, this bone tiredness after working out needs to go away! :)
I did feel that good feeling when I was done again, though. It's just so satisfying! I hadn't worked out since last Wednesday for various reasons - on Friday I was at work until 5:00 putting together my new desk, which got me all hot and sweaty, and I needed to get home to take care of the dogs once I was finally done - they'd been alone since 7:10 that morning. Monday the gym was closed because the trainer was off. Tuesday I felt like crap and stayed home from work, and basically laid around the house all day (I wasn't really too sick - my period was gearing up, and I was headachy and dizzy for most of the day - the dizziness is what kept me home, really).
But I went last night. I did 27 minutes on the treadmill (a 2 minute warm-up to get used to the treadmill, a 20 minute walk at the faster speed and higher incline, and a five minute cool down), then I did the weights. I think I'm just about ready to start doing two sets of weights, instead of just one - well, for all except my triceps. My triceps are WEAK! :) And I'm going to go tonight to do the treadmill, and then again tomorrow to do both the treadmill and weights.
Oh, and anyone else who uses a treadmill - do you ever get that feeling when you get off that it's like you're still on it? You know, like when you're on a boat for a while and you get off, and your body kind of expects the rolling movement of the ship even when you're on solid ground? Well, I get that feeling BIG TIME when I get off the treadmill. It seriously takes me a few minutes to be able to walk a straight line again. What the heck is that all about? I swear my water bottle actually contains water, not vodka or something! :P
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yeah, not a fan of the treadmill for a myriad of reasons but I know what you mean. I have the same issue when I roller skate or ski ! Freaky, huh?
ReplyDeleteGlad you are back at it after a little break--I know that's hard to do!
I hope the bone tiredness goes away too. I imagine it will once your body is like...Oh! This is the deal now. LOL
I'm hoping it gets to that Oh! moment fast! Last night, after working out three days in a row, I was wishing to go to bed at 9:00! And then I slept about nine hours! :) Hopefully I'll be good for the weekend now, though.
ReplyDeleteThinking more about the tiredness, I can honestly say that this running is exhausting me more than I would have thought. I need 8 hours a night PLUS a nap. I drag. So, perhaps there is a happy medium out there--there must be, right? I've also been told that maybe I don't eat properly...?
ReplyDeleteI do think your body is probably in a state of shock right now. Mine just feels beaten down. Only 6 more weeks! Then I need to figure out what I'm going to do next, fitness-wise. Definitely nothing big--this is the most I ever want to do.
I think my body is in a state of shock, too. I went from sitting on my butt almost every minute I was awake, to suddenly moving it for 45 minutes or so in the gym at least three days a week - it has no idea what is going on! And I'm not in my 20s anymore, so it'll take a while for it to catch up and adjust. I know I'll get there soon, though. I hope so, anyway! Friday night I was in bed at 9:30 and I slept until 6:30, got up and took care of the animals, and then went back to bed for two more hours! LOL
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I think that would definitely be the most you'd want to do, fitness wise! You're running a lot!