Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Eating

I quit my other blog, and I've been all, "la la la, don't have a blog to write in anymore, la la la." Uh, yeah I do! Sorry, I kind of forgot this one existed for a while. Hee.

Of course, there isn't much to tell here right now, anyway. I've gone completely off the diet for the holiday season, because I have no self control whatsoever when faced with chocolates and holiday goodies. Plus I got a new Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas (early, from J, and I LOVE it), and I had to have fun with it. So I've made cakes and brownies and cookies galore, and oh yeah, I've eaten them, too.

The only good thing about all of this bad eating is that I'm reaching saturation point when it comes to junk and sugar, and it feels like it might be really easy to start being good again in January. In fact, J is talking about how he needs to start eating better, too, so I think two weeks from today will bring a new vow to go with the new year - no more junk in the house! We'll be eating healthier dinners and I won't be baking cookies and cakes and brownies, and hopefully we'll end the winter slimmer and healthier than we began it.

So, for now - I hope you're having a great holiday season! I certainly am already (I've wanted that mixer ever since I first saw one many, many years ago). I'll talk to you next year, if not before!

No comments:

Post a Comment