Thursday, December 3, 2009

Get Thee Away, Temptation

A couple of weeks ago in a fit of weakness, I bought two double sized boxes of Pop-Tarts from the grocery store. Why? Because they were on sale two for $5! So I had to! Sigh.

A couple of weeks later, and those things have been ruining my days this whole week. I start out doing okay - sometimes I even make it to 1:00 or so without messing up! Then I start to get hungry again, and instead of eating the applesauce I have sitting here, I grab a package of frosted cherry or chocolate chip and eat not one, but both Pop-Tarts that it contains.

Each Pop-Tart has at least 200 calories - the chocolate chip one has 220. Oy. Way to ruin a day's food intake, you know?

This morning I came in to work, determined that today was going to be the day I got my act back together. I ate my peanut butter toast for breakfast, and not two hours later - more like an hour and a half later, actually, I grabbed one of the remaining packages of chocolate chip Pop-Tarts, and ate not one, but both of them. Ugh! I got so aggravated and annoyed at myself that I threw the two remaining packages in the trash.

My days will no longer be ruined by their high calorie sugariness! Dang it.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for not giving up! I'm currently trying to change my own eating habits and understand how hard it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! I've been off the wagon recently, but I never give up - I'll be back on the wagon by January 1st, no doubt. :)

    ReplyDelete