Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Doing Well

Last night I heated up a TV dinner (Lean Cuisine cheese ravioli), sat down at my desk and started to eat, and then went, "Oops!" Then I got up and went to the dining room and ate at the table. Hee.

But that little slip aside, I've done very well with my new rules so far. I had two snacks at work on Monday afternoon, instead of the one I said I was allowed, but it fit into my calories, so I didn't beat myself up over it.

So far so good! I just wanted to check in to let you know the rules were working so far. :)

I also went to the gym on Monday, after three weeks away (I feel like I should hide after admitting that). I was bad! I decided to take a week off, and then my knee started hurting (it still does a little, by the way, but not as bad), so I took that week off, and then it was Thanksgiving week and the gym was closed two out of the three days I could have gone, and I decided not to go the one day I could have (last Monday).

Ahem. I feel like I'm in confession. I went back on Monday, though, so I'm getting back on track with it!

I do have one concern now, though. Since mid-week last week (about a day or two before Thanksgiving), I have been feeling what I'm calling heart flutters. My heart seems to jump or flip (I know it's not really flipping, but it almost feels like it is), or flutter, sometimes. It doesn't do it when I'm sitting at my desk at work all day, but when I get up and walk around, it does. It doesn't hurt, it just feels funny. I also don't have any lightheadedness, dizziness or shortness of breath, so I don't think anything serious is wrong. Still, it's unsettling, and I'm thinking I need to go back to the doctor. I don't want to, and I can't afford the $20 co-pay right now, but I might have to do it anyway. Oh, and it didn't do it at all when I was on the elliptical on Monday, which I thought was strange (it does when I walk, but not when I am basically running on that thing? Why?).

Does anyone who reads this have experience with this type of thing? If so, I'll take any words of comfort or caution or whatever that you may have to share.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is but I have to say you don't mess with heart things! Can you speak to someone at your doctors office or the health center at work and maybe see if they think you should get it checked out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was thinking about calling the doctor's office and asking them. I know they'll just tell me to come in, though. :D Bah, stupid body, falling apart now that I'm in my 40s. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one anywhere but I know what you are talking about and have that sometimes. I've never been checked out for it and had a heart murmur as a child. However, if it's scaring you, $20 might be worth peace of mind.

    AND--you are doing great with your rules!! congrats! Keep it up. Don't worry about being away from the gym..as long as you went back, right? Forward momentum and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far it's not really scaring me too much most of the time, but sometimes I think I should get it checked out? If it would just stop I wouldn't need to think about it anymore. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could help you, but I don't know anything about heart flutters. WebMD might be helpful.

    Keep at those rules - sounds like you might have something going there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far they're going great! And I'm thinking about going to the doctor for the heart fluttering thing. Maybe. We'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete