Jim and I were eating too much this weekend, and bemoaning the sizes of our respective bellies, and he said when I was ready to lose mine, he was ready to join me. To which I responded,
"In January. I want some Christmas cookies, goddamn it!"
Hee.
So yes, it's true. I've failed spectacularly at this whole dieting thing on my own, but if Jim is doing it with me, I have a shot at succeeding, I think. So yes, I'll be making cookies over the next week and a half, and I'll enjoy eating them. But once January gets here, it's back on my best behavior, with the help and company of the man I love.
I also made a decision. I had thought about joining Weight Watchers online, or else maybe Jillian Michael's online weight loss plan, but after doing some research, I realized that they don't offer anything that I can't get at Spark People for free, so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to start fresh there, track my food, track my exercise, and watch my weight go down.
I'm not exercising right now, by the way. I really didn't feel comfortable going to the gym and pushing myself on the elliptical before I know if there is actually anything behind these heart flutters. Hopefully I'll know for sure on Tuesday that my heart is as healthy as the heart of a 41 year old fat woman can be, and then I can get back to it. For now, I drive straight home after work (giving my heart a work out anyway, because driving in all the snow we've been getting is not fun), put on my pajamas and relax. I can't say I'm too sorry about it, either. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Tackling it as a team sounds great to me - go for it!!!
ReplyDeleteOooh, teamwork! Very nice! I hope that's JUST what you need!! Keep your eye on the prize!
ReplyDelete