Monday, May 10, 2010

Eight Weeks

Apparently after that seeing that horrible before picture (that's what I'm calling it in my mind), I needed one more piece of motivation to kick my ass into gear, and that motivation came in the mail on Friday. Jim and I have been invited to my nephew's wedding on July 3rd.

And okay, I'm a vain person. Weddings mean dressing up, they mean pictures being taken, and damn it for once I do NOT want to actively spend the wedding avoiding camera lenses and thinking about how uncomfortable I am and how much I hate my body. So obviously, this is my call to action.

I'm not using the dreaded "D" word. I avoid that. I hate those, they don't go well. I'm not doing that word ever again. I am, however, following a simple plan, which is this: eat four servings of fruits and veggies a day, cut out the junk food, try to eat a healthy dinner of a lean meat, with rice, and always have a glass of milk with dinner (for the calcium, plus I love it anyway).

Sounds simple enough, right? I'm also going to get my butt more active. Exercising is vital! I want to work out for at least 30 minutes a day, at least four days a week. Once final exams are over (they're going on this week), I'll be roller skating in the gym four or five days a week and then doing strength exercises for my arms and abs. For this week, I'll be doing videos on Netflix's website.

One more piece of the puzzle - lots of water! I usually get about six cups a day - I'm upping that to at least eight, but more is better.

That's my simple plan, and it started today. I'll let you know how it goes.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect - you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, nothing like a wedding to get the motivation going! Good for you! I like your "plan of attack" keep thinking about how wonderful you'll feel about yourself at the wedding....

    ReplyDelete