It's been a bit quiet in here lately, huh? Yeah, I guess I haven't had much to report. When I was reading that book about how to stop emotional eating (whatever the name of it was), the author mentioned that when she stopped trying to "diet," she went through a couple of weeks where she just ate whatever she wanted, letting herself have all of the foods she had made forbidden for so long. For her, that translated into eating chocolate chip cookies pretty much morning, Noon and night. When I started saying I wasn't going to diet anymore, I thought I wouldn't need to do what she had done. Uh, I was wrong.
So yeah, I've been eating a TON of crap. Chocolate chip cookies, Pop-Tarts, candy bars, Cadbury Mini Eggs (only available at Easter, and oh so delicious), and pretty much anything else that I love but never let myself have when I was trying to stick to a diet. I'm not sure when this is going to end. I think I'm just about ready to start listening to my body and eating when it needs me to. And I think I'm going to try doing the 30-Day Shred in April. I just have to decide if I'm going to get it from Netflix, or if I'm going to buy it. I'll check out how much it costs on Amazon, and decide. Then I have to decide if I'm going to get up early and do it in the morning, or if I'm going to try to do it at night when I come home from work. Earlier is better, I think.
Anyway, that's what's going on with me. Also, I was supposed to have my cyst cut out of my head this last Friday. I left work early, went home and changed into a non-work shirt in case I bled a lot, and Jim took me to the doctor's office. I walk in the door and tell the receptionist person who I am, and she says, "Oh, didn't you get my message?" Ugh. The doctor was out sick, so they canceled on me AGAIN. She supposedly called the day before and left a message, but I didn't have a message from them, so I'm thinking they called the wrong number, and told some random stranger that my appointment was canceled. Oh well. So Jim and I left and went to lunch together. :) My appointment is rescheduled for Friday, March 19th. Maybe I'll actually get rid of the cyst then!
As for the food, I'll let you know when I seem to be ready to stop ingesting chocolate and other junk, and get to work on that new approach to eating that I'm supposed to have going. :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for the update. I seem to remember reading that book years ago and thinking....mmmm...I could totally eat chocolate chip cookies and dough for weeks. I also seem to remember the author gained weight at first with the new-found freedom and then finally started losing weight after the idea the she could have anything at any time wore off.
ReplyDeleteI think it's an interesting premise and I hope it works for you. I've gone through times in my life where it works out for me like that--where I tell myself I can have ANYTHING and then I end up choosing something healthy because it turned out that's what I really wanted!