It finally happened - I got sick of eating junk food almost non-stop! Woo! So today I started trying to just listen to my body's cues for when it needs food. It's so confusing in the beginning, though! I really think I don't know how to interpret my body's cues very well.
For instance: I went to lunch at 11:30, and had a 5" turkey and cheese sub, with a single serving bag of Fritos. Now, barely an hour after I finished eating, my stomach is rumbling? That doesn't seem right. I'm ignoring it for now. If it gets really insistent and I start thinking, "I'm hungry" involuntarily (I do that), then I'll eat something.
Still. I hope if I can keep this up, that my body and my head will end up in sync at some point!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think that's pretty good news that you are getting sick of the junk food! What a process this is going to be, huh? Good job on waiting out the hunger to see if it's *real*. Sometimes mine is and sometimes it's just boredom or "mouth hunger" where I simply want to put food in it.
ReplyDeleteLast night I totally wanted peanut butter, but I kept telling myself that I didn't really need it (cue from you, of course). I drank a big glass of water instead, and - you know what? I forgot about the peanut butter! Thank you, Denise! I really didn't need those extra calories that late anyway!
ReplyDeleteDenise: Hope that you are doing well--have been thinking about you! I know you're alive from the nice comments you leave me :-) I always worry when people don't update for a while!
ReplyDelete