So. I can't expect to be perfect on day one of really trying to follow my three simple rules, right?
Right?
I didn't think so. Which must be why I went home after work yesterday, got my chicken ready to put in the oven, and then while it was baking, I got the Cookie Crisp cereal out of the cupboard and ate a LOT of it. Dry. Straight out of the box.
Then I ate some rice while my chicken was still cooking. Then I ate my chicken. Then I MADE CHOCOLATE DROP COOKIE DOUGH AND MADE COOKIES. Yes, I did. At 8:30 at night.
Oy.
At least I screwed up the cookies, so most of them ended up in the trash. I underbaked the first sheet, and overbaked the second sheet, so I didn't eat nearly as many as I would have if I hadn't effed them up. I ate enough, though.
But. I came to work today and wasn't hungry. Following my new rules, I should have skipped breakfast and just eaten lunch, because I would most likely have been hungry by then, right? Well, I ate my peanut butter toast for breakfast anyway, lack of hunger be damned.
But! Again with the but! I went to lunch at 11:30, and was still full from the peanut butter toast and all the calories from last night, so I didn't eat lunch! So, maybe there is hope for me after all. I'm sure I'll suddenly be starving by 2:00, at which point I'll eat some strawberry Mini Wheats that I have in my drawer, and then when I go home I'll eat a leftover chicken breast and some rice, and I'll watch the SU basketball game (we're #1 now, yay!), and I'll behave much better than I did last night.
This whole thing of readjusting my attitude towards food and eating is obviously going to take some time. I'm going to keep plugging away at it, though. I'll take the bad with the good and hope to eventually have more good than bad, and I'll be happy.
And I promise not to eat the rest of the dry Cookie Crisp tonight. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I needed some sort of "dessert" last night and because I technically gave up sweets for Lent, I ate WAY too many handfuls of Lucky Charms. My daughter informed me that it was, indeed, a treat because of the marshmallows. So, I hear ya on dry cereal--I LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteYou are right--it is going to take some time to adjust to your new lifestyle. Baby steps...really! Keep it up--it's inspirational! I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to last counting points myself. Ugh.