Today is weigh-in day! I'm going to talk about last night first, though.
So, I was alone again last night - Jim was at work. I wanted to snack so bad! I had my salmon for dinner, but I didn't feel like making the potatoes (which is truly a sign of my laziness about cooking when Jim isn't home, because they're instant potatoes - making them really couldn't be much easier), so I had a glass of milk, a small box of yogurt raisins, a 100 calorie pack of Cheese Nips and a granola bar for dinner. Weird, yes? :D Oh well, it worked.
When I was done with all of that, I of course wasn't hungry, and yet I wanted to snack! I was home alone, snacking is what I've always done in that situation. I eventually gave in a little, but only by eating five strawberry Mini Wheats, so it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. I haven't done the math, but that's not many calories over my upper limit. And then I stopped and just watched TV and relaxed until bedtime, snacking jones gone. Thankfully.
And then this morning I got up and weighed in, and the scale told me I had lost 2.5 pounds since I started trying again on the 5th! Woo! I am now 215.5. I was very happy to see a loss.
I'm shooting for losing two pounds a week, so here's hoping 213.5 shows on that scale a week from today. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats! I eat "this and that" a lot as well. I think it's fine because it's what I really want vs. what I think I should have.
ReplyDeleteWoo-Hoo! Go Denise!
ReplyDeleteExcellent progress!
ReplyDeleteAlso glad last night went well. I know all about the snacky feeling - give me a full meal and I'll want to snack later just out of habit (or maybe I convince myself that I'm hungry).
Sooooooooo girlfriend, my hat is off to you for a good January start.
SS
Wow, sounds like you're off to a great start...congratulations. I'm at the beginning of a new weight loss journey myself, and it's very inspiring to read of others' success, so thanks very much for sharing.
ReplyDelete