Well, not great news from the scale this week, but I'm not upset about it for one simple reason - I'm on day 38 of my monthly cycle (not abnormally late for me), so my period is gearing up to come at some point soon, I would guess, and I always gain some water weight with that. So I may have actually lost more weight than the scale is showing.
Also, I've been reading that book I mentioned here yesterday, and reevaluating how I think about food in general, so I'm considering this a bit of a learning period anyway.
That all being said, I weighed 214.75 this morning, so I lost half a pound this week. Any loss is good, so water weight issues aside, I'll take it! (Plus, I love knowing that my scale is weighing heavy - I take comfort in the fact that my true weight is more like 211.75. :)
I also, of course had that bad day on Wednesday, where I ate just about everything in sight. But what's done is done.
So like I said, I've been reading through some more of that book I told you about yesterday. The author encourages you to get more in touch with your body and what it is craving/needing. I'm paying more attention to what I'm eating and why, which is a great thing. I'd love to get to a point someday where I'm giving my body what it is telling me it needs, instead of just eating mindlessly. It just takes some work to figure out how to understand my body and what it's telling me, versus what my emotions/mind are telling me to do.
I'm enjoying the book so far, I really am.
This afternoon I have my first ever mammogram - wish me luck!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How did your mammogram go? When I had mine, it turned out to be so easy and I was worried as I have, well, not much on top to squish and everyone was so nice and prompt. I was out in 20 minutes. I hope your experience was OK.
ReplyDeleteYour book sounds good!
It went fine! It pinched a bit, but it was over pretty quickly. No big deal at all, really. :)
ReplyDelete