I don't really have much to say today, but I wanted to update anyway. Jim and I had a very nice weekend, and Sunday turned into sort of a cheat day while we ate Lay's Stax and watched football games. :) It's all okay, though, because I got back on track with my calories yesterday, and my uterus is finally doing it's monthly job, so I'm feeling good.
So, my mammogram went well last week. It wasn't bad at all - a small bit of pain while they were squished, but nothing unbearable. When I was done, she went and looked at them and told me she'd see me next year, so I guess I'm fine. I'm sure my doctor will talk to me about the scans when she sees me in February anyway, though.
Thursday morning I have to go get blood drawn for my annual fasting bloodwork. My mother had diabetes, heart attacks and strokes, so there is a lot of stuff to look for in my blood, to make sure I don't follow her down those paths. Fingers crossed.
And then in February I get to go back again to get a cyst cut out of my head! I don't know if I mentioned it in here, but I found a bump on my head in November, I think, and have since found it is a cyst. It's been bothering me - it hurts when I comb my hair, wash my hair and sleep on my right side - so the doctor is going to cut it out. She warned me that she would have to shave a bit of my hair, but I knew that, and it'll grow back and I'll be able to cover the shaved spot, so it's fine. Then she said I wouldn't be able to wash my hair for two days! Uh, that's a bigger deal than you shaving a patch of it off. Hee. So I scheduled the procedure for a Friday, so that my greasy haired days can be on the weekend, when I'm not at work and don't have to leave the house if I don't want to.
Okay, that's all I have for today. I'll be back Friday, if not before, with my weigh-in. :)
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow! I cyst? I wonder if that's going to be painful? (That's always my first thought about anything body-related)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a nice weekend--a cheat day is always great esp. if you can get right back to it, which we all know is the key and really hard to do! Good for you!!