I didn't weigh in yesterday - what was I thinking, promising to weigh in on Mondays? That's never going to happen. Mondays are the worst possible days to weigh in, for various reasons. I've changed it to Fridays.
I hope I'll have some positive news to report on Friday, but if I don't get my act together, it's not going to happen. I went over my calorie limit almost every day last week. Not by a lot - I'd go over 200 or 300 calories and figure it was still way better than I had been doing, so it was okay. But there is one problem with that attitude - those extra calories add up day to day! And they result in the scale not really going down so much as sitting still.
Yesterday I was determined that I was going to do much better, and in fact I did! Until after I got home, anyway. I ate well at work, and had enough food planned for my time at home alone (J was at work) that I thought I should be okay. But no, I went rather crazy and ended up probably a good 1,000 calories over. D'oh! I blame hormones for some of that (women will know what I mean), but mostly I'm just weak as hell and can't have any tempting food in the house AT ALL. Sigh.
Today was going to be different. I was going to have the same game plan for the workday, and then I was going to be good at home, if only because the food that tempted me yesterday is now gone (Hershey's chocolate Santas, for the record). And then I went to lunch, and they were having a food show at work, so people could sample different foods and rate them - to help my work decide what foods to order and put on the regular menu. I had my plain turkey sandwich like I had planned, and then I had a cheese stick, a mini burger, a fried dough stick and bites of pizza and egg rolls (neither of which was very good, so I stopped at a bite). I am now at almost 1,000 calories - and I only get 1250-1550 for the entire day.
What are the odds of me staying in my limit today? Sigh.
No, I can do it. I can! I'll have cereal for dinner, and a glass of milk, and that will be that. I'll chew gum all night if I have to, to keep my mouth busy.
I WILL get this eating thing back under control. 2010 is still my year! I won't give up.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Definitely don't give up! Maybe cut up some veggies to eat - those usually for the most part, are "free" calories and the chewing takes away the hunger (speaking from experience these days). And drink lots and lots of water!
ReplyDeleteYour cheerleader,
SS
Don't give up! Every meal is a choice. You can do it! The time is going to pass anyway--just keep thinking about how you will feel each time you do the right thing (or eat the right thing)!
ReplyDeleteMelissa
Thank you both! It's so nice to have support in here. :) I did okay last night - not great, but not horrible. Tonight will be better, if only because J will be home, and I always do better if someone else is with me (I can't bring myself to eat too much in front of someone else).
ReplyDeleteI am not giving up!