I had a two day conference for work yesterday and today. It was being held locally, so I didn't have to travel, which was great - I'd much rather be home with J and the critters instead of on the road and in a hotel room alone at night. Yesterday was the day I had to be there from 8:00 - 4:00, with two meal periods thrown in - breakfast and lunch. I had no idea what was going to be served, so I knew going in that the day was going to be a challenge.
And I did great! I let myself have one cookie and one small brownie with lunch, but since lunch consisted of a bunch of food I either couldn't eat (lactose intolerant) or didn't want to eat, I had plenty of calories to spare for that meal period - I ended up having half of a turkey sandwich (which was disgusting - I can't stand that cheap turkey lunch meat that doesn't even really resemble turkey, ick).
As for breakfast, I would have loved to have a bowl of cereal - they had the single serving boxes out for people to take - but of course, I can't have regular milk, so I had to skip that. I went for some scrambled eggs, instead (a small helping - I counted it as two eggs), with one extremely crispy piece of bacon and a small glass of orange juice.
It's true that I ate some fattening things, but I didn't eat much overall, and when I came home and logged it all into sparkpeople, I found out that I had plenty of calories left over for the evening! Woo! And since I had a Lean Cuisine pizza for dinner, I even got to end the day with some small snacks.
Yay! I felt like I really did well. Go me!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats! Way to beat the calories!
ReplyDeleteSS
Great job on a tough situation! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteMelissa
Thanks you two!
ReplyDelete