Sunday, March 20, 2011

Vacation Damage

I had a week of vacation, which was so nice! I loved not having to work this last week. However, for me, vacation seemed to mean not having to count calories, and I really don't feel like getting on the scale this week, so there won't be a weigh in. I'll be back for that next week.

I did, however, think of something this morning to help motivate me to do better. Thanks to Willow's vet bill, I won't be having any extra money for a good long while. Even when I get done paying Jim back for the amount he paid toward her bill, I'll still have to save enough to buy Jim's wedding ring and to buy my clothes and jewelry for the wedding. So I'm thinking I'll be pretty broke right up until October or so. And I need a haircut desperately. My hair is too long and is getting split ends, and it needs to have about four or five inches cut off.

So, I asked Jim if he would give me money for a haircut when I get under 200 pounds, and he said yes. Yay! So maybe I can make that happen in the next few weeks. I hope so!

Also, I have no idea what is going on with my scale. It's an old doctor's scale, and it seems to fluctuate so much as to be completely unreliable. On Wednesday I had to go to the doctor for my annual physical, and I weighed myself before I left, wearing exactly what I would be wearing at the doctor's. I weighed three pounds more here than I did there (and the doctor was happy, because my weight was down six pounds since the last time I was there, which would have been in December, when I was going through the heart palpitations). So I came home and happily adjusted my scale to read three pounds smaller. Then Gracie (my cat) got on the scale and sat down this morning while I was in there, so I weighed her, and it said she only weighed 5.5 pounds. I know for a fact she weighs 9 - 9.5 pounds. So what the heck? I don't know what to believe anymore, and am this close to buying a cheap bathroom scale to replace it.

Anyway. I'm back to work tomorrow, which means back to being good, so I'll weigh in next Monday, and every Monday after that until I get under 200 pounds and can get that haircut. Woo!

2 comments:

  1. Hi denise! I hope your silence doesn't mean that bad things are going on and that you are simply busy(I'm a worrier!). Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa!

    All is well, I just haven't felt like writing. And I didn't weigh in this week, for female bloated reasons. :D

    Thanks for checking in on me!

    ReplyDelete