Okay, here's the thing. I can't be trusted with monthly weigh-ins. I thought I needed to step away from the scale to make it lose its hold over me. Plus I liked the idea of stepping on the scale after four weeks of being good, and seeing the number drop maybe 10 pounds from what it was. But here's what I hadn't considered - I'm a procrastinator. Give me four weeks to do a job, and I'll wait until the last week - even the last few days, if I think I can get away with it - before I'll even start to work on it.
The very first week of this 28 day period - shit, the very first DAY of this 28 day period - I was already telling myself that I didn't have to weigh in for four weeks! I could eat extra and it wouldn't matter! I had been sticking to 1300-1400 calories per day before that. As soon as I started this 28 day challenge, the number crept up into the 1500s. If I stayed within my calorie range at all, that is - most days I didn't.
So yeah, two weeks later I'm here to admit that I've had a very bad two weeks. For every one day that I've stayed in my range, there have been easily three days that I haven't. A four week lapse between weigh-ins is not a good idea for me.
And so I'm here to say that weekly weigh-ins are coming back. I'm not weighing in tomorrow, because frankly I don't even want to know how much damage I've done. But I'll be back weighing in next Monday. And I'll be here every Monday from there on out. I need a deadline to keep me honest! And that deadline can't be more than a week away, apparently.
So, for the next week, I'll be doing the five parts of my 28 day challenge, and I'll try to post my results in here every day. I can't guarantee I'll always remember, but I'll try. And I'll weigh in on Monday to show how I've done.
Here's to a better week, full of exercise, calorie control, and a lot more discipline.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You go girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sally! We had a LOT of snow last night, and I'm still home, waiting for the plow guy to come clear the driveway. And since I had the morning at home, I just did a great workout on the elliptical. Today is off to a great start!
ReplyDeleteSnow -- oh no, I hate that stuff!!! On the other hand, what a perfect way to start the day!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are liking the elliptical!
I know! I wish every day could start like that, only without the lost time at work. :)
ReplyDeleteHope it's going well--I know it is tough...but you are tougher!
ReplyDeleteI'm doing well so far this week! Lots of snow shoveling to offset the elliptical use, which is both a good thing and has me wishing spring would just get here already! And my calories have been good, too. I'm taking it one day at a time! :)
ReplyDelete