Weeks keep going by, and so far I keep kicking butt. I'm down two pounds this week, woo! My total so far is 12.25 pounds lost, and it's been just five weeks, so I'm right on course. Yay!
I've been pretty good at making wise choices lately, too. Yesterday we went to Denny's for a late breakfast/early lunch. Instead of getting my favorite cheeseburger and seasoned fries (yum), I got two scrambled eggs, two pieces of toast and two pieces of bacon. The bacon sounds bad, but just two slices fit into my day's calories easily. Then we went to the hockey game at work last night, and of course there aren't really any wise choices there - just bad ones and not so bad ones. So I chose a not so bad one and got two slices of pizza. I ate one and a half slices, and gave the other half to Jim. And it fit into my day's calories, so again - the wisest choice I could have made, from a menu that was either pizza or fried foods and not much else.
I love that I've been staying so motivated, too. I guess I just needed to have that wedding deadline looming larger with every passing week! The idea of that coming, and there not being any time to goof around anymore, has pushed me to do well every week, so far. And I'm going to make sure that continues!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I was hoping that I'd hear that you were doing well!! Keep it up--your day is getting closer and closer!
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the bad and worse choices. You did fine, though. What I've done before in that situation if I was REALLY trying hard, was to eat before I went and then brought along a snack or some gum, lollipop or hard candy for a treat. Yes, it's lame but it worked when I was truly going hard core weight loss.
Great job at Dennys, too!
KEEP IT UP!!!!
Thank you! In the future I might eat before we go to something like that. We go out for those types of things so seldomly, though, that I kind of like to be able to find ways to treat myself without going overboard.
ReplyDeleteI love these great weeks, though! :)