Friday, November 19, 2010

Update

I'm not weighing myself this week, due to the impending menstrual cycle of doom (I can feel the bloat hitting already), but I did well this week! After going off the rails last week, I hit Monday running! Well, figuratively, anyway. I stayed within my calorie limits Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, yay!

And then Thursday hit, and I did pretty well until evening. Jim was at work, and I ran into that "I'm alone, so I must eat" mentality. I tried to fight it, but I ended up eating some extra 100 calorie packs and granola bars, plus some crackers and a piece of cheese. D'oh! Oh well. I obviously still need to work on that.

I haven't been to the gym this week, though. My knee is still hurting, and I wish it would quit and go back to normal already. I can pretty much keep it under control with Advil, though. Oh, and last night I got out my old step from a Jane Fonda step aerobics video I had in the 90s, and I stepped up on it over and over again while watching TV (my knee twinged a little, but not bad)! That might be worth doing sometimes, because my heart rate actually did go up to my target heart range within about 10 minutes of stepping up and down.

Anyway, I'm keeping on keeping on. :)

6 comments:

  1. I had a bad Thursday night too Dede. Something in the air???

    And I have the step bench too from the Fonda days! Hee! I use to love that thing.

    Hope that knee feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sally! And I'm glad it wasn't just me hitting the extra food last night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thursday night...hmm...I had BBQ and onion rings. Yep. something in the air.

    Do you have hand weights? I have put them by my couch so that when I watch TV I try to do some arm workout stuff. It's the little things, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea! I do have some ancient five pound weights that I can use like that! Thanks. :)

    And what the heck was it about Thursday? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thursday WAS a terrible night. There's not enough room or time to list my indiscretions.

    I like Melissa suggestions too - at one point in my "younger years" I use to keep the thighmaster (by Suzanne Somers) by the couch and do it. Can you believe I broke it???

    Okay girlfriend this is the week I need my mouth sewn shut and keep my treadmill burning. It's been nice enough that I've been able to walk at the middle schools field tracks. But there is nothing I like more than my sis' turkey and stuffing! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be good Sally! You're doing so well, I know you'll be fine! :)

    Thanksgiving has never been a huge temptation for me - can you believe I don't really even like Thanksgiving dinner?!? And I don't like pumpkin pie, and probably couldn't eat now even if I did, thanks to my lactose intolerance. :D

    ReplyDelete