So, I have come to a conclusion, and I think it's one I've reached on this site before, but sometimes I have to learn things twice (or even more often than that).
I need accountability.
What does this mean? It means I need to start weighing in with someone. And since I'm not going to Weight Watchers or Nutri-System or any paid weight loss program, I'm going to weigh in to you. You can be my watchers, the people I need to not let down every week - the people holding me accountable.
Why have I decided this? Because I've been going to the gym for about two months now. I've felt myself getting a little bit stronger every time. I can feel my muscles tightening up in my abs and my thighs. I have one pair of work pants that feel noticeably looser right under my butt (which feels like a weird place to notice a difference, but I assume it's from doing the elliptical three times a week). But my weight? Hasn't changed nearly enough.
When I started at the gym, my trainer there weighed me at 230 pounds. That was in the afternoon, dressed in gym clothes, so my at home, in the morning, naked weight was probably about 228 or so. That's what I'll figure. My weight this morning? 224 3/4.
A 3 1/4 pound weight loss in two months is NOT ACCEPTABLE! I started this thing with 13 months to go until my wedding BBQ picnic, and now there are only 11 months. Time is slipping by, and I'm not doing the work I need to do to get into those size 8 Levi's (what I want to wear when I get married). So the work (well, the food work) starts now.
I hereby pledge to be here every Friday morning, weighing in. If I don't lose, I'll be honest and tell you if I haven't done well on food. You can feel free to chastise me, and I'll do better the next week. My wedding day is 11 months from Sunday. I can do it, and you can keep me honest and help me get there! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Muscles weigh more! Just saying. :)
ReplyDeleteTrue! I've been eating a LOT of junk food, though. :D
ReplyDeleteYeah, precisely why I can gain 4 lbs. marathon training! Fitness happens in the gym, weight loss happens in the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteCheck in with us--we'll hold you accountable.
I'll need to lose some weight after the race and vacation--I'll join you!
Also-- 1 lb. of muscle weighs the same as 1 lb. of fat, it just takes up a lot less room!!
Thanks Melissa! I'm glad you're willing to hold me accountable. I need the help!
ReplyDeleteAnd I like that sentence about fitness happening in the gym, and weight loss happening in the kitchen. It's so true, but I never would have thought of it that way!
Don't let that scale boss you around. You said so yourself, your clothes are fitting better and you're feeling stronger so you are making head way. Stick with it and those Levi's will slip right on in 333 days!
ReplyDelete333 days! That's a fun number. :) And thanks, Sally!
ReplyDeleteOf course this occurs to me hours later, but forget the weight for a moment and get out the tape measure. Bet you'll see the results there!
ReplyDelete