Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wedding Countdown!

I woke up this morning dreaming about our wedding next year. I don't remember a lot of details, but I seemed to be stressing about the food - Jim is ordering Dinosaur BBQ, but what about the people who don't like that? Shouldn't we have burgers and hot dogs to cook on the grills, too?

First, isn't it awfully damn early to be stressing about details in a wedding that is going to be about the most low key wedding ever? I mean, damn.

Second, it may be too early to stress about wedding details, especially for a wedding that is going to be very short on "wedding" and longer on "fun," but it is NOT too early to stress about making my weight goal. So I added a handy dandy little timer to my sidebar. It's going to be there to remind me of how fast that wedding date is going to come!

Today is my first day back to the gym after being sick for the last week. It's also my first day back to counting calories on SparkPeople. I was good at working out before I got sick, but I haven't been doing good with food at all! It's time for that to change. This is one weight goal I don't want to miss!

And for further inspiration, I'm posting a before picture! Eek! Jim's Dad took the following picture of me with my new car, shortly after I got it. I'm aiming to be much slimmer than this by 9/10/11! Like, 90 pounds slimmer. :)

8 comments:

  1. It's never too early to stress about the wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, good! :) I think the fact that it's less than a year away now had me going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every bride stresses over a wedding no matter what type of wedding it is, where it is to be held, or who will be attending, and a zillion other things that weren't important in the beginning but now seem like the most important things in the world. So you are NOT alone!

    I really like the counter - it was the first thing I noticed when I logged into your blog. And I'll use it for my benefit too!

    Glad to hear you feel better, just keep going forward and EVERYTHING will fall into place.

    I like your new wheels too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sally! I'm trying not to stress about the wedding - I don't want it to be a stressful thing at all. I think getting a little worried about the weight is a good thing, though - it'll help kick my butt into gear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I stressed even with just me, my husband, a few of our kids and 3 friends. I think it's just a "bride" thing. So, you are NORMAL :-)

    I like the before photo!! Maybe you can post updates at every 10 pounds or something next to your car? That might be fun... (or not?)

    Glad you are feeling better!!!! Now get moving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of like that idea! But 10 pounds won't make much of a noticeable difference in me - maybe I'd better make it every 25 pounds. :D

    And I'm glad the stress is normal! Jim's sister told him not to worry about if anyone doesn't want to eat BBQ, because it could get to be too big of a hassle buying burgers and hot dogs and buns and bringing condiments and all that crap. And I agree with that, I guess. :) Anyway, no more stressing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't eat meat my entire college career, and I still managed to visit the Dinosaur BBQ on more than one occasion. Don't know why I am telling you that except that it IS possible for a non meat eater to enjoy Dinosaur BBQ. Well, maybe not the BBQ itself. Think more along the lines of sides.

    Yea for the bride to be! It is stressful, but the memories are so worth it. And people who get married in September are just plain awesome! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I agree! September sounds like a great month for a wedding. :)

    And yeah, the sides are a good fall back for those who may not like the BBQ. I have to remember that. :)

    ReplyDelete