My friend Jamie and I had planned to skate on Tuesday and Wednesday this week - Tuesday didn't work out because an event was scheduled in the gym, but Wednesday worked fine! So at 4:45 or so I was sitting in the gym, blowing the dust and pet hair off my sad, neglected roller skates, slipping them on and tying them up.
Here are a couple of things I had forgotten about roller skating:
1. It requires your body to do actual work!
2. That work makes you breathe hard!
3. That work also makes your legs hurt like mad!
But what I didn't forget about roller skating is: it's mad amounts of fun. We need to find some way of having music in there while we're doing it, but it was a lot of fun skating around with Jamie (and his brother, once he got there to join us). I can't wait to do it again.
When I got home last night, I was exhausted and my legs were sore. But I'm so glad we decided to do it! This is exercise that I can happily do every day and never dread it. Once the semester is over and the students go home (four weeks from now), we'll be able to do it every day if we want. Yay! I love roller skating!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh YAY! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to finally do something FUN! Sore is good, unfortunately--you worked hard! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThanks! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a blast. Wish I was as coordinated as you to even stand on them. Have fun with it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sally!
ReplyDelete